At Family Law Solutions, PLLC, our experienced family law attorneys always offer a free half-hour consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to allow the potential client to describe their situation in detail, ask questions, and it allows for the attorney to offer advice and guidance for how the process will work and what the likely outcome will be. If you have never met with an attorney before, you probably do not really know what to expect. To make the most of the consultation, it is best to have questions prepared so that you cover everything you need to know in case you want to move forward with that attorney.
Here are some questions you should ask at an initial consultation in a family law case:
- What types of cases do you typically handle?
- What percentage of your caseload is spent handling my type of case?
- Have you handled this type of case before?
- Do you practice in the county where my case is located?
- Have you worked with the opposing counsel before?
- Have you been in front of the judge that is assigned to my case?
- How long do you think it will take to get the case resolved?
- Are there alternatives to trial/litigation?
- What is your retainer fee? What is your hourly rate?
- How much will this cost in total?
- How will we primarily communicate?
- What is your approach/philosophy in handling these types of cases?
- What are the likely outcomes in my case? How will a judge likely rule in my case?
If you are interested in scheduling a free consultation with one of our experienced family law attorneys, contact us at 952-746-2350 or email us at email@example.com.